While the Padre Pio Festival at St. Bede Church in Holland, Pennsylvania is a festive time, complete with two days of delicious food, live entertainment, and plenty of amusements and activities for children, it is primarily a time for spiritual renewal for the community.
Inspired by Padre Pio’s love for people and motivated by his intense desire to draw people to the heart of Jesus Christ, St. Bede’s Padre Pio Festival provides a wide array of spiritual encounters for all who attend.
Check out the following schedule for the details:
Saturday Evening, September 17
- Regular Parish Confession, 4pm-5pm
- 5:30pm Vigil Mass in honor of St. Pio of Pietrelcina
- Following Mass there will be individual blessings of the faithful with relics of Padre Pio
Sunday September 18
- 12:30pm Solemn concelebrated Mass in honor of Padre Pio Main celebrant: Father Thomas Betz, OFM, Cap. (During Mass confessions will be available in English and Italian)
- 1:30pm Street Procession carrying the statue of Padre Pio
(Confessions continue in church during the procession)
- 2:30pm Healing Service
Blessing of the faithful with relics and Padre Pio Holy Oil
(Several priests will be available during the service for confessions)
Throughout the weekend of the festival, several relics of Padre Pio will be on display in our Padre Pio Chapel for public veneration.
The Saint Bede 24-hour Perpetual Adoration Chapel will be open for private prayer and meditation.